Friday, January 7, 2011

The Apple

The question was raised as to the minimum number of bites it would take to consume an entire apple. My MTC district set out to determine the answer by scientific experimentation. Experimentation was done, and I was able to eat the apple (including everything except the stem) in THREE bites. Later non-believers of the Zone were silenced as the 3-bite feat was performed again during dinner time.

As the rest of my short time at the MTC drifted away, new friendships were established with new missionaries than I. My time became far spent and word had gotten around at the wonders my mouth could do. I felt I owed it to my new found friends to eat an apple in three bites for them. The following is taken directly from my journal, and describes the event:

"... it was announced that I'd be doing it for my last time, so all eyes were on me. "Three bites, no way, you can't do that!" I grabbed hold of that apple and I bit it. Eyes were widened. I had just eaten nearly half of the apple with my first bite! "Oh my gosh! He's actually gonna do it!" I looked at the remainder of the apple and knew what had to be done. My thoughts were echoed by my dear friend Elder Clarke, "Oh dude, Beaver, two bites, you're gonna do it." Attention was magnified and many were speechless. This is when I got cheers and chants of, "Beaver! Beaver!" I looked that apple in the core and brought it to my teeth. Further and Further into my mouth it went until it was all the way back. All I had to do was close my mouth and I'd be set ... Applause was given, and an ovation from the crowd. It took awhile to maneuver it and chew it fully, but I got the job done."

Apples can be eaten in TWO bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment